A typical NBA meeting follows this agenda:
7:30am - 7:45am mingle
7:45am - 8:00am breakfast
8:00am - 8:10am member & guest introductions / member to member site siminsagh business updates
8:10am - 8:40am guest speaker (including Q&A) or round table business discussion
8:40am - 8:50am club business
8:50am - 9:00am member company update(s)
Requirements for Membership
The NBA shall have two (2) classes of membership – regular member and retired member.
The regular membership of the NBA shall be primarily made up of business owners or principal managers of organizations engaged in business in the Buffalo Niagara region.
The retired member class shall be made up of individuals who no longer are engaged in day-to-day business operation of companies in the Buffalo Niagara Region.
Member in Good Standing
A member in good standing is defined as any current, dues-paying member of the NBA. All NBA invoices for annual dues and special events must be paid in full within 30 days of invoice date in order for a member to maintain all rights and privileges of membership.
Any member with an outstanding invoice, beyond 90 days, will no longer be allowed to vote on issues or attend meetings and social events and will be considered a voluntary resignation.
A member in good standing must also attend a minimum of 50% of the regular meetings of the NBA in order to maintain industry exclusivity and voting rights on orders of business, including new member applications.
Procedure for Proposing a Member/Industry Exclusivity
Any regular member in good standing may propose an individual for membership, provided they meet the qualifications as defined in the Qualifications and Classes of Membership section. All new membership applications shall be supervised by the Vice President and adhere to the following procedure:
- Letter/e-mail/fax to Vice President – regular member in good standing will submit a written communication and resume from the prospective member, along with the NBA Membership Application to the Vice President.
- Initial Review – Vice President will review application and determine if the new member poses a conflict with any existing regular member in good standing.
- Membership Review – The Vice President will circulate the prospective member’s letter and resume to the regular membership for review at least two weeks prior to the next NBA meeting when the vote on the application is to be held.
- Disqualification – Any regular member in good standing who feels there is an exclusivity conflict with the prospective member, or who has good reason to deny membership to the applicant, must notify the Vice President in writing within the two-week review period. A prospective member may be disqualified for membership by any regular member in good standing who feels there is an exclusivity conflict.
- Approval – If no opposition to the prospective member application is raised in the two-week period, the Vice President will call for a vote on the application provided a quorum of members in good standing is present.